How To Make Wood Wall Art - Excellent tips

Wall art is becoming a trend these days and almost all homeowner prefers to invest in a different type of art on their walls to significantly modify their interior design. It seems like breathing life into variant interior design and so on. And the good thing is you can prefer DIY wood wall art if you want. The actually DIY wood wall art was exactly what I needed to make my space splendor and beauty. Sometimes we all have to face some problems in decorating the wall in our home, right?
If are you worried about how to make wood wall art, then keep patience and being with us because we are going to share a secret of making wood wall art.  Thorough, those will give you an idea for every product and technique so you can pick the right one.

How To Make Wood Wall Art

How to make wood wall art, DIY Wood Wall Art


Here I’m giving you some alternative elements and procedures that you can try out to make wood wall art which will be very best in unique or custom and handmade so, Take a look!
I made a lot of geometric wood wall art to decor my house. Now I’m going to describe it step by step by that will help you to do so.

First of all, you need to have some tools for DIY (“Do it yourself") wood wall art:
 
•    Wood
•    Hammer
•    Saw
•    Tape measure
•    Wood glue
•    Brad's nails
•    Clamps materials
•    Drywall square or carpenter square
•    Cleat
•    Foam brush etc.

The Process of Making Wood Wall Art:


At first, I took a 4'x4'x1/4" piece of plywood for my backer. And I measured out 21 inches by 41 inches and with my drywall square, I marked it. Then I left a little bit extra and the reason is I’m not too precise with the circular with the saw to cut everything down. I fetched it over to the table saw then ripped the backer to 20 inches, then it was off to the miter saw to cut the width to 40 inches. I just used tri-square and laid everything out. Every piece of wood was 45-degree angle metered. And by using aspen I cut the border first. Then I cut all of them by its measured shape. The border needs to be the same width and height as the backer I made previously. I test fit everything first and then used wood glue and a few brad nails to hold it in place. I simply used 2/3 nails in each piece, depending on their height, even for some pieces 1 nail was enough. I set it according to the design on my mind.

I followed the draw that I made on the backer piece. Then I added 2 sawtooth hangers after coloring it. I didn't need to spend much time sanding and I was all done.

I’ve been loving the wood wall art and that’s why I decided to make it for the first time. But then it turned into my passion nowadays. Now it becomes such an easy project for me.

As we all know, wood is becoming more and more exoteric for wall art. If you want to decorate your home with the warmth of wood, it can be a good decision to make wood wall art.

I hope everyone enjoyed this instruction. And I would love to hear what you guys think. Let me know in the comments section! Thanks for looking!


Author BIO

Mathew
Hi, this is Mathew from the city of Denver, Colorado. I am a professional woodworker with more than 12 years of experience along with the technical degree regarding the field. I have undertaken many small to large projects and ended with good result. Stay connected my website WoodworkAdvice to know the knowledge and tips I implemented in my work in process. Thanks.

Comments

Popular Posts